Title of the position: Retail store supervisor (NOC-6211)
Company name: 2281890 Alberta Ltd. o/a Tipple Park AG Foods
Location: Evansburg, AB
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $19.00 per hour
Language of work: English
Benefits package offered: 4% vacation fees
Employment conditions: Weekend, Shift
Start date: 2022-02-01
Tipple Park AG Foods is a locally owned grocery store focusing on friendly service and fun shopping experience. Our house label – Western Family® – offers a variety of quality products, often at a lower price than national brands. We pride ourselves on our selection of fresh produce and meat. We also offer full bakery and deli service.
As integral part of a community, we strive to serve our local shoppers and the community we belong to. Whenever possible, we buy products from local growers and supplies because we know that good things grow in Canada. We are committed to our local community.
Every year, independently owned AG Foods™ locations across Western Canada work with community groups, charities and local sports teams to aid in fundraising initiatives benefiting schools, playgrounds, historic sites, parks, community beautification projects, sport teams, community recreation arena’s, seniors programs, youth programs and a whole range other worthwhile community programs. We are proud of the support we have given back to our communities.
We are looking for a Retail Store Supervisor (NOC-6211B). This is a full-time permanent position working 40 hours per week. Wage is $19.00 per hour with 4% vacation fees included on each pay period.
The ideal candidate will be those who completed high school and have at least seven months of previous work experience in retail sales or any supervisory position. The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to our store staff members and local community. You should be able to read, write and speak English.
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of store staff including cashiers and people working on the floor;
- Organize and distribute staff work schedule;
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed;
- Authorize return of merchandise and handle customer questions and complaints;
- Ensure pricing is correct;
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards;
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters;
- Ensure standards for product quality, customer service, health and safety are met.
- Maintain store’s sanitization and cleanliness and ensure relevant public health measures in place;
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock for sale;
- Coach, train and discipline store staff and hold staff meeting for any update;
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate, or equivalent experience
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Additional Skills: Hire and train or arrange for training of staff; Establish work schedules; Order merchandise
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus; Organized
Work Setting: Retail business
Workers Supervised: Grocery clerks and shelf stockers, Cashiers
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Handling heavy loads; Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise: 5-10 people
Work Location Information: Rural area
Job Location: 4913 50 AVE Evansburg, AB T0E 0T0
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those who self-identify as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada.
You must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Or else, you must have a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for interviews.