As a Long-Haul Truck driver, you will need to drive truck and trailer combination vehicles over long distances, usually all over in Canada and to US, to deliver products, or materials. Will need to oversee freight loading, ensure that freight weight limits are not exceeded, and properly secure the freight to prevent damage. You are also required to coordinate deliveries with dispatchers.
Job start date: As soon as possible
Wage: $22.00 / Hour
Hours: 40 to 60 hours / week
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time, Day, Evening, Weekend
Employer: 5TRACKS CARGO INC.
Business location: 66 Jutland Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2P 1P9.
Job location: Locations include Canadian and international routes.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 7 Months to 1-year experience required
Documentation Knowledge: Driver Logbook.
Work Location Information: Remote location, Various locations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Repetitive tasks, Sitting
· Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Air Brake (Z) Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials,
· Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption,
· Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes,
· Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of the vehicle,
· Oversee the condition of the vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment, Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
Endorsement, Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)