About Bytown Catering
Les Traiteurs Bytown Catering is Ottawa’s Choice for catering and food services. As a local company involved in the community, we have built up our business as a result of word of mouth. Our business has flourished thanks to our sincere commitment to customer service and a desire to offer the best high-quality food to price ratio in the market.
Bytown Catering is continuing to grow by staying true to its vision of providing great food and personalized service at reasonable prices. Are you up for the challenges of a high-paced and team-oriented work environment? Are you ready to do what it takes to help make our clients’ events successful?
At this time, we are looking to hire a professional Sous-Chef. This is a very rewarding position, and you would be part of a team of energetic people!
As a Sous-Chef, your duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare and cook menu items from an array of menu choices and options from our extensive menu recipes for events catering and on-site food services;
- Supervise kitchen helpers, including scheduling and shift activities;
- Oversee kitchen operations and ensure that we are ready for service;
- Maintain, organize and order ingredients, inventory or other supplies needed for preparation of food items – may conduct weekly inventory;
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions and estimate food requirements, especially those going out for delivery;
- Communicate with kitchen helpers any issues with food quality and in-proper use of ingredients and platter making;
- Follow all government and restaurant procedures for Food Safety and Health and Safety.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- High-school diploma – Completion of college, preferably in culinary management would be a great asset!
- At least 2 years of experience as Sous-Chef preparing in the area of catering services– professional portfolio and quick demo may be requested
- Ability to communicate in English and oversee kitchen operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- $16.00 per hour – 40 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week
- Permanent, full-time position
- Location of work: 20-5480 Canotek Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1J 9H
How to apply:
Bytown Catering is an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce above all we provide fair pay and have a comprehensive employee benefits program. We have openings at various locations throughout the City of Ottawa, in Kingston and in Morrisburg.
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.