Heavy Truck Driver
Salary: $22.00/ hour
Vacancies: 1 Position
Full time: 40 hours/ week
Employment conditions: Day, Night, Flexible hours.
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
JOB DESCRIPTION: (the duties and responsibilities of which shall be as follows:)
- Operate and rive straight or articulated trucks, to transport goods and materials to destinations.
- Taping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Loading and unloading of goods and materials.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Oversee mechanical condition of vehicle and inspects tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Languages: English
- Minimum 2 years of experience as class 5 driver
- Up to date driving record
- Very good knowledge of the region
- Experience in delivery (asset)
- Show courtesy to customers
- Experience: 2 years of delivery driving experienced
- Education: Secondary Level
- Special Skills: Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials, Oversee condition of vehicle and inspects tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment, Drive lighter, special purpose trucks, Load and unload goods, Perform preventive maintenance.
- Weight Handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Please send your resume to email@example.com