Metal & Glass Works of Canada Ltd.
Position: Warehouse Manager
Hours: 35 hours/week
Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: 724 Hillcrest Rd, Pickering ON L1W 2P1
Metal & Glass Works of Canada Ltd. is a leading provider of metal and glass works across North America. We are seeking a Warehouse Manager to be responsible for the overall management of warehouses, as well as supervising the coordination and management of inbound and outbound freight. He/she oversees the management of inventory, processes and warehouse employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage Warehouse operations to achieve productivity and profitability objectives established by the company.
· Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
· Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
· Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
· Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintains warehouse staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; recommending scheduling and staffing needs for operation of warehouse, inbound and outbound logistics.
· Works with other departments to ensure adequate inventory levels are available to meet outbound shipping needs.
· College degree with an emphasis in distribution, warehouse, logistics, or related field
· Minimum 5 years of warehouse experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution, or logistics environment
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience
· Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
· Strong attention to detail
· Proactive and results-oriented demeanor
· Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Willingness to support a 24-hour operation, and be on call, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
· Proven experience in quality and safety
· Strong interpersonal, communication and follow-through skills
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line ” Warehouse Manager”.