Our love for bagels created NU Bügel in the summer of 2013. It was natural for us to set up shop in Kensington Market because when we first immigrated to Toronto, we found Kensington Market to be our home away from home.
At Nu Bügel we strive to embrace tradition while giving ourselves enough room to play as we have come to realize that bagel culture belongs to everyone, no matter who you are or where you come from. Enjoy traditional Montreal style bagels freshly baked in a 20,000 pound oven and 100% wood stove. Our sandwiches offer a twist with Venezuelan toppings for you to enjoy!
At this time, we are looking to hire an experienced Baker for a full-time, permanent position. This is a very rewarding position and you would be part of a team of energetic people!
As Baker, your duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare and measure dough for our signature bagels according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate mixing and other bakery machinery under minimal supervision and with ease
- Main point of contact for ensuring quality of our signature products meet established standards and quality control
- May work with management and customers in finalizing production schedule to determine type and quantity of bagels to prepare
- Estimate ingredients and purchase baking supplies
- Must have knowledge of the establishment’s signature recipe
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- High-school diploma – any diploma in culinary will be an excellent asset!
- Minimum of 7 months of experience as a Baker, previous experience specializing in bagels;
- Ability to communicate in English and oversee staff activities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- $15.00 per hour for 40 hours of work per week;
- Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week;
- Permanent, full-time position
- Location of work: 240 Augusta Ave, Toronto, ON M5T 2L7
How to apply:
Please reply to this posting with your resume and references.