Be part of our team!
Palisade Gardens is a great place to work! Our friendly team and relaxed environment are ideal. We support and train individuals to be their best and maximize their potential.
Are you adaptable, compassionate, loving, and hard-working? This may be your calling! We would like to hear from you!
We are currently looking for 3 full-time Personal Support Workers to join our growing family. Our PSW team provides utmost personal care to our residents and their families.
As PSW, your duties would include:
· Assisting in providing direct care for residents such as administering bedside and personal care, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing,
· Assisting with dinning services and supporting residents in eating their meals with the consideration of special diets,
· Assisting in performing routine health-related duties, if needed, which may include changing of non-sterile dressings, collecting specimens under general supervision of RN,
· Performing routine housekeeping duties such as making beds and tiding residents’ common areas,
· Providing emotional and social support to residents/families, which may include palliative care,
· Working with various team members in meeting the needs of our residents and their loved ones
The ideal candidates for our team will have the following qualifications and skills:
• NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED but previous experience in the field would be an asset!;
• No formal education but a PSW Program Certificate or Diploma that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association, would be an asset
• First Aid Certificate would be an asset;
• Knowledge and experience in elderly care planning systems and documentation required,
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents, and families,
• Good English Language skills
What we are offering:
Hourly rate from $16.80 – $17.62 for full-time hours: 40 hours/week (Temporary position)
Extended Medical, Dental, and Subsidized Plan Benefits
Location of work: 240 Chapel Street, Cobourg, ON, K9A 0E3
Interested applicants should apply directly through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in being part of our growing team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
We welcome those applicants with disability related to needs – Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.