Steven Karr established Pride Pak Canada Ltd. (“Pride Pak”) in 1984 to service what he saw as a need to meet Canada’s growing trend for high quality, healthy, easy to use fresh food. We now proudly operate as Canada’s largest fresh fruit and vegetable processor from a state-of-the-art facility in Mississauga. In 2006 we opened our second facility Pride Pak Nfld. Ltd, which processes fresh fruit and vegetables for the Province of Newfoundland.
Please note that our Production areas are refrigerated to 5°C (40°F), and employees are required to dress accordingly. We offer employment opportunities on days, afternoons and night shifts with some positions requiring weekend work. We are willing to train the right individuals, and offer opportunities for advancement and a competitive benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume to email@example.com
The following opportunity is available:
Electrical Maintenance Mechanics (5 positions)
The ideal candidates will have years of experience in maintaining and testing electric motors and other electrical apparatus in the food processing/manufacturing industry. You would be required to work with different team members in ensuring high standards of maintenance of our machineries are followed accordingly.
- Perform overall electrical mechanical maintenance – Fault finding, isolate, and repair electrical apparatuses
- Test, observe, and perform switching operations for the electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems of machineries on main production floor
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Check and determine if machinery shafts and other components need changing or replenishment
- Install and maintain various types of coils for electric motors or transformers
- May perform welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections by aligning and adjusting parts
- Conduct scheduled maintenance and testing of faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear and determine additional steps to ensure stability of machineries
- Ensure that repaired motors and other electrical apparatus are repaired and maintained accordingly to ensure proper performance before handing them back to responsible department
- May assist workers in completing their tasks
- High-school diploma or equivalent – Plus training courses in electrical maintenance
- At least 2 years of experience in electrical mechanical maintenance- preferably in the food production industry or related industry
- Good English language skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- May be asked to work different shifts
- This is a full-time, permanent position with at least 30 hours of work per week
- Annual rate of $47,000.00, overtime rate applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Medical, Dental, and Disability benefits
- Work Location: 6768 Financial Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5N 7J6
Please visit our website at https://pridepak.com/index.html to know more about our products, services, and other employment opportunities!