Caregiver – Private Home ( 2 Toddlers:19 months & 3.5 yrs. old)
We are looking for a kind, hardworking, and patient full-time caregiver for our two children ages: 19 months and 3.5 yrs. old.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and care for children in employer’s residence;
· Assist two children with eating, bathing and dressing;
· Plan, prepare and serve meals for children, as per dietary and nutritional needs;
· Ensure children have safe and healthy environment in the home, especially in the absence of parents;
· Plan, facilitate and participate in activities such as games, napping, and play periods;
· Take and supervise children to/from doctor appointments playdates, toddler school, etc., as necessary;
· Assume full responsibility for the household in the absence of parents;
· May travel with family on trips and may be required to perform light housekeeping duties.
Minimum experience/skills requirements of the job
· At least 7 – 12 months of experience of working in childcare, early childhood education or in a related field;
· Completion of Secondary school;
· Completion of a training program (e.g. Caregiver), an asset;
· Crisis prevention/intervention training, an asset;
· First Aid and CPR certification, an asset;
· Excellent organization and interpersonal skills;
· Strong work ethic including reliability, punctuality and good judgement;
· Good English language skills.
· Salary is at $17.50 per hour, at least 40 hours per week;
· Overtime pay will apply after 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week
Address of Workplace
Private residence, Broughton St, Vancouver, BC, V6G
Interested applicants should apply directly through this posting.