ABOUT RT WOODART LTD.
Since 1970, RT Woodart Ltd. has worked with many business professionals and franchise companies from high-rise building interiors, office spaces, commercial retail stores to create extraordinary results.
We specialize in commercial development and millwork production with high quality control to ensure your product gets delivered with the highest satisfaction guaranteed.
Working closely with our clients, allows us to accommodate their desired timeline with assurance of the highest management control. We update our clients weekly of site updates and project scheduled timelines to ensure they are part of the process.
We look forward to working with you on your next build!
We are currently looking for an experienced Architectural Design Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working independently or as part of a team providing assistance in preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications, etc. Experience in commercial renovations and general construction is a must!
As part of your position, you are expected to perform the following duties:
· Assist in the development of architectural designs, CAD drafting, 3D virtual modelling, drawings,
· Produce preliminary manual and design drawings for proposals as approved by Lead Designer/Project Manager,
· Assist in procuring zoning documents and complying with building codes, municipal by-laws approvals, and site requirements,
· Prepare contract bidding, cost estimates, documentation and proposals,
· Conduct site inspections with Lead Designer/Project Manager and address any issues prior to and during construction,
· Work with other Design Team members, including other design associates and general contractors in meeting project deadlines and staying within client’s budget,
· May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team.
· Participate in client proposals and biweekly meetings, and may be asked to present project updates under the direct supervision of Lead Designer,
At least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment as an Architectural Design Associate/Assistant/Technologist,
Proven experience working on commercial projects, including both high-rise and low-rise properties,
Ability to prepare construction documents/drawings/3D models,
Good English communication skills,
Proven experience working in tight spaces;
Good English language skills (written and oral)
Familiarity with workplace safety, safe lifting and handling procedures,
Secondary school diploma – diploma in architectural design or related subject would be an asset,
· Permanent, full-time position;
· $25.00 per hour for 35 hours every week;
· Occasional overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week
· Location of work: Client sites across GTA
· Main Office: 6820 Davand Drive, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1J5
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with your resume and professional portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at https://rtwoodart.com/ to see our work and services!