Smart Movers Canada – The Smartest Way To Move!
For more than 20 years, we have provided exceptional moving, relocation, and storage services for our customers. Moving company Smart Movers Canada – one of the leading removals services in Canada. We provide a wide range of professional services for the organization moving apartments, condos, houses, offices, retail, warehouse and other facilities. Years of experience, the availability of highly skilled professionals and high level of technical equipment allows us to perform the tasks of any complexity.
Smart Movers Canada Company performs local moving services as well as long distance moving services throughout Canada for quite a long time and has established itself as a reliable and responsible partner in organizing and carrying out of any cargo.
We are currently looking for 10 Truck Drivers to join our team! The ideal candidates will have valid Class 3 or D licence to drive straight-body trucks or equivalent. We will provide on-the-job training! You would be required to work with different team members in ensuring delivery schedules are met accordingly.
- Operating and driving trucks across approved Canadian routes;
- Securing the loading and unloading of any property, including furniture, documents, equipment and delicate interior in the trailer to ensure safe transportation;
- Preparing the list of loaded property for pickup by conducting an itemized condition report and padding the load;
- Performing pre-trip, en-route and post-trip van and trailer inspections to ensure working condition of the vehicle, onboard systems and equipment, and preparing correspondent reports for post-trips;
- Maintaining daily and weekly logbook (cargo and load information, fuel usage, service hours, etc.) for one’s self and co-driver, if applicable;
- Preparing relevant documentation and report it to the manager for confirmation and quality assurance;
- Communicating with dispatch and warehouse teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth storage and transportation of property;
- Communicating with customers and other receiving parties during loading and offloading to ensure timely delivery of property;
- Complying with rules and regulation of Ministry of Transportation by adhering to safety requirements and strictly following all road rules;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Valid Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks or equivalent;
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics operations;
- Knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools;
- Weight handling up to 100 lbs;
- Good knowledge of English and good customer service skills;
- Previous experience is an asset but not required – on-the-job training would be provided;
- No formal education is required;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This is a full-time, temporary position with at least 40 hours of work per week;
- Hourly rate of $24.10, overtime rate 1.5 your hourly rate applies after 44 hours of work per week;
- Main work location: 33 Portage Lake Rd Seguin, ON P2A 2W8
- You will be expected to travel continuously; all work-related expenses will be paid by the company;
- Willing to assist new drivers with licensing requirements and on-job ongoing training;
- Employment conditions: Early morning, day, evening, night, weekend;
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply to this post with your resume and references or and we will contact you shortly if you meet the requirements of the position.
You may also send your resume and references at email@example.com
For more information on our services, and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at https://smartmoverscanada.com/