Home: Chelsey Park
Location: London Ontario
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
“Every day you know that you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours.”
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication, and effort? Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care? If you are, we want to hear from you!
On a daily basis, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.
Current opportunities: Registered Practical Nurses (5 positions)
As a Registered Practical Nurse in London you will:
• Ensure exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians’ orders.
• Observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
• Administer medication and document any therapeutic effects as they become discernible.
• Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
• Monitor residents’ progress and collaborate with appropriate teams in ensuring care interventions are effective and address each resident’s needs.
• Assist in the management of the work of other nursing support and personal care staff.
• Train and oversee professional development of new staff and refer concerns to the Director of Care.
• May provide safety and health education to residents’ families and other caregivers.
The ideal candidate for our team will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Appropriate current certificate of competence/eligible for licensure as a practical nurse by the College of Nurses of Ontario (College Diploma in Practical Nursing)
• Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
• First Aid Certificate, CPR certificate.
• At least 2 years of proven nursing experience, preferably in long-term care.
• A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
• Developed creative problem-solving skills to look at the “big picture”.
• Excellent English communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
Additional requirements – Security and Safety: criminal record check, Immunization records
What we are offering:
Hourly rate of $23.992 for full-time hours: 30 to 40 hours/week (Permanent position)
Extended Medical, Dental, and Pension Plan Benefits
Location of work: 310, 312, 314 Oxford Street West, London, ON, N6H 4N6
Interested applicants should apply directly through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.