Transam Carriers Inc. was established in 2006 in response to an overwhelming need for a reliable and price competitive transport company serving North America. With a mission and vision that is supported by both, ownership and employees, Transam has a clear and definitive path. Throughout our history, we carry an unwavering commitment to providing the very best in transportation services.
As a privately held company and with an engaged workforce, Transam has grown over the years, focusing on providing tailored services for the markets and customers we serve. Clearly, we are not trying to be “everything to everyone”, rather focusing on what we do best and satisfy clients’ needs in those areas.
With a commitment to on-time and damage-free delivery, we are HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL to serve your needs.
Looking for new career opportunities in trucking and logistics? Transam Carriers is pleased to offer vacancies for professionals in our transportation, administrative and corporate services, warehouse and maintenance departments. Please, check our openings and feel free to apply.
We are currently looking for 6 Truck Drivers to join our team! The ideal candidates will have Valid Class 1/3 or A/D license and airbrakes/Z endorsement and proven Clean driving record – We will provide on-the-job training! You would be required to work with different team members in ensuring delivery schedules are met accordingly.
• Operating and driving trucks across approved Canadian routes;
• Securing load and products in the trailer to ensure safe transportation;
• Preparing the list of loaded products for pickup by conducting an itemized condition report and padding the load;
• Performing pre-trip, en-route and post-trip van and trailer inspections to ensure working condition of the vehicle, onboard systems and equipment, and preparing correspondent reports for post-trips;
• Maintaining daily and weekly logbook (cargo and load information, fuel usage, service hours, etc.) for one’s self and co-driver, if applicable;
• Preparing relevant documentation, such as trip reports, bills of lading, etc. and report it to the manager for confirmation and quality assurance;
• Communicating with dispatch and warehouse teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth storage and transportation of goods;
• Communicating with customers and other receiving parties during loading and offloading to ensure timely delivery of goods;
• Complying with rules and regulation of Ministry of Transportation by adhering to safety requirements and strictly following all road rules;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Valid Class 1/3 or A/D license and airbrakes/Z endorsement or equivalent;
• Knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics operations;
• Knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools;
• Weight handling up to 100 lbs;
• Good knowledge of English and good customer service skills;
• Previous experience is an asset but not required – on-the-job training would be provided;
• No formal education is required;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• This is a full-time, temporary position with at least 30 hours of work per week;
• Hourly rate of $24.10, overtime rate 1.5 your hourly rate applies after 44 hours of work per week;
• Dental and Extended Medical Benefits offered!;
• Work Location: 205 Doney Crescent, Concord, ON, L4K 1P6;
• You will be expected to travel continuously; all work-related expenses will be paid by the company;
• Willing to assist new drivers with licensing requirements and on-job ongoing training;
• Employment conditions: Early morning, day, evening, night, weekend;
HOW TO APPLY:
Transam Carriers Inc. offers great jobs driving or with our administrative and corporate services! Please reply to this post with your resume and references and we will contact you shortly if you meet the requirements of the position.
For more information on our products, services, and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.transamcarriers.com/