In conjunction with the Finance and Production Team, the Inventory Management Officer role is critical for ensuring supply orders are filled on time. The responsibility includes identifying and addressing issues relating to the company’s operational needs.
Accountabilities / Direct
- Communicate with our suppliers by email and phone regarding order status, pricing, and deliveries
- Prepare purchase orders daily according to our inventory needs
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files
- Support staff by resolving receiving issues and inventory discrepancies
- Collaborate with the financial department to verify payments and to confirm delivery of goods and completion of services.
- Compare and evaluate offers from various suppliers.
- Monitor stock levels and verify purchase requisitions. Maintain inventory levels required for production, considering vendor lead times.
- Track and manage the process from order to delivery and communicate with suppliers for delivery issues, damages, price, and other related discrepancies.
- Ensure the timely performance of suppliers, follow up on unsatisfactory performance and seek alternate sources of supply if necessary.
- Prepare regular reports for analysis by management on purchasing trends and complaints/queries concerning products
- Maintain the purchasing data regarding pricing, lead time, and P.O. maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
Required Skills / Experience & Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- The ability to plan/schedule in coordination with the rest of the team.
- Related experience working in inventory management is preferred
- Meat industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Environment – mainly office
- Physical Effort – low
- Sensory Attention – Low to Medium
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Care, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Paid Time Off
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Positions Available: 1
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday to Friday
Work Remotely: No
Work Type: Full Time, Permanent